A desert fit for for a queen. This quick and easy recipe has to be attempted for a cracking taste explosion!
- 500g/1lb 2oz strawberries, hulls removed
- 400ml/14fl oz double cream
- 3 x 7.5cm/3in ready-made meringue nests, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger cordial
- 2 tsp Tabasco
- sprigs of fresh mint, to garnish
1. Purée half the strawberries in a blender. Chop the remaining strawberries, reserving four for decoration.
2. Whip the double cream until stiff peaks form, then fold in the strawberry purée, Tabasco and crushed meringue.
3. Fold in the chopped strawberries and ginger cordial.
4.Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into four cold wine glasses. Serve garnished with the remaining strawberries and a sprig of mint.
Print this page