Tabasco Cup Cakes
Chocolate Tabasco cup cakes with a twist!
• 250g softened butter
• 250g caster sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
• 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 225g self-raising flour
• 5 or 6 tablespoons milk
• 2 tsp of Tabasco
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C / gas 6.
2. Put the paper cases in the bun trays and leave to one side.
3. In a bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until it is smooth and creamy.
4. Gradually add the eggs until they are all beaten in.
5. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla. Then very gradually add all of the flour, before slowly mixing in the milk and Tabasco until it makes a smooth paste.
6. Gradually fill each bun case up half way with the cake mixture and put them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are light brown.
7. Decorate with cherries!
Once the cakes are done take them out of the oven and place the trays on a wire rack to cool completely before icing with your favourite icing recipe.
Print this page